We are older and younger people. We are an intergenerational, non-profit peace and social justice organization with members in Southeast Michigan, including Detroit and the Counties of Wayne, Oakland and Macomb. We work on issues which affect people of all ages: universal health care, peace, strengthening Social Security and Medicare, challenging descrimination, education reform, economic justice, fair labor practices and campaign finance reform. Join us!
Senator McConnell is trying to sell the most unpopular legislation in three decades! This bill got only 12% support in a recent USA TODAY/Suffolk university poll.
Trumpcare (the American Health Care Act) would:
1. Cut health coverage for 22 million people;
2. People with pre-existing conditions and older people would pay much more in premiums and deductibles to retain health care coverage;
3. One in three Medicaid dollars that assist low income families and older persons would be cut (throw grandma out of a nursing home?);
4. A modest 3.8% tax on earned income of the wealthy would eliminated. For millionaires that's a $44,000 tax cut. Billionaires, like Trump, would get a $1 million tax cut according to Americans for Tax Fairness!
CALL YOUR SENATORS*: Senator Gary Peters: 202-224-6221
Senator Debbie Stabenow: 202-224-4822
CALL GOV. RICK SNYDER: 1-517-373-3400. Urge him to talk to Michigan members of Congress about the impact on our State (see #3).
* Thank our Senators for their opposition. Urge them to do more!