- Sat, Jul 17https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8649339184
- Sat, Jun 19https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84473601122
PEACE & JUSTICE EVENTS CALENDAR
Click HERE to see the Current Cost of War
Regularly Updated Courtesy of Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit
Submit events for this calendar to email@example.com
This Calendar of events includes activities of a wide range of groups, including members of the Detroit Area Peace with Justice Network (DAPJN), a coalition of Metro-Detroit organizations formed to provide mutual support in our common dedication to peace and justice (see list below).
To submit an event for the calendar, send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
name of event, date/time, name of speakers (if any), URL or other contact information to join the meeting. We do not post general meeting notices, only those with an issue focus/speaker. Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit does not claim to endorse all positions of groups with events posted on this calendar.
MONDAYS: 5:15 p.m. VIGIL FOR PEACE: 9 Mile/Woodward
5 p.m. DEMONSTRATE FOR BLACK LIVES MATTER: 11 Mile/Woodward.
This event will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday on the first weekend of the month.
FRIDAYS: 3:45 p.m. WE STAND WITH OUR NEIGHBORS - IMMIGRATION VIGIL SW Detroit Clark Park, corner of Vernor and Clark. Saturday's (new)11 a.m.
July 28 6 p.m. DISCUSSION OF BIDEN'S PROPOSED $400 BILLION FOR HOME & COMMUNITY BASED CARE. Co-sponsored by Caring Across, The Arc Michigan, Michigan Care in Action and the Michigan Roundtable. Learn how it will allow all of us to have independence and choices. Click HERE to register.
July 28th 10 a.m. VIRTUAL COFFEE HOUR TO DISCUSS VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND GIRLS. This is a global event with people from all parts of the world to discuss violence against women and girls sponsored by the Every Woman Treaty Global Coalition with 1,700 women's rights activists from128 countries. Click HERE to join the Zoom meeting.
August 7 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. BYSTANDER INTERVENTION SKILLS TRAINING. This workshop, sponsored by Meta-Peace Team, allows participants to explore what it takes to successfully intervene in situations where where they witness someone being harassed or bullied. $40. Must pre-register to participate. Click HERE to register.
August 10th 2 p.m. HONORING NURSING HOME LIVES: THE COVID TRAGEDY. New York City Gray Panthers is sponsoring this "Transformation Tuesday" virtual webinar. This discussion will focus on social justice in nursing homes. Click HERE to RSVP.
DAPJN COALITION MEMBERS
To JOIN the DAPJN, call Peace Action at (248) 548-3920.
PLEASE SEND GROUP UPDATES TO: email@example.com
1) Alliance to Halt Fermi 3: Web: www.athf3.org
2) Citizens for Peace: Colleen Mills, 734-425-0079, firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Democratic Socialists of America: Lon Herman, 248-546-8180, email@example.com
4) Detroit Catholic Worker- Day House: Tom Lumpkin, 313-963-4539, firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit: Randy Block, 248-549-5170
6) Huntington Woods Peace, Citizenship & Education Project: Phyllis Aronson, 248-548-7370, and
Melanie Goldberg, email@example.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntington-Woods-Peace-Citizenship-Education-Project/144083798944934
7) Michigan Alliance to Strengthen Social Security & Medicare: Bob Sisler, 313-824-0952, firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://detroit.activatehub.org/organizations/126
8) Michigan Coalition for Human Rights: Marge Sears, 313-579-9071, email@example.com
9) Michigan Grail: Mary Coyle, 313-821-1074, firstname.lastname@example.org
10) Meta Peace Team: Kim Redigan, 313-520-7465, email@example.com, or Detroit office 313-483-7527 Web: www.metapeaceteam.org/
11) Michigan Stop The Nuclear Bombs Campaign: Kim Bergier, 248-515-2380, 2MISTNBC@gmail.com
12) Palestine Cultural Office: 313-886-5922, firstname.lastname@example.org
13) Pax Christi Michigan: Pat Valeer, 517-481-5280, email@example.com
14) Peace Action of Michigan: Rich Peacock, 248-321-7480, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Helen Weber, 248-548-3920 Web: www.peaceactionmich.org
15) Pointes for Peace: Jan Scallen, 313-343-0957, email@example.com
16) Swords Into Plowshares Peace Center and Gallery: Clara Lawrence, Director, 248-963-7575
firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.swordsintoplowsharesdetroit.org/
17) Veterans for Peace: Steve Saelzler, 734-675-4138, email@example.com Web: www.vfp74.org
18) Women's International League for Peace & Freedom-Detroit: Laura Dewey, 313-882-1596, firstname.lastname@example.org web: http://wilpf.org/
Click HERE to see the Current Cost of War