- Sat, Nov 20https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82608754636
- Sat, Oct 16https://forms.gle/bnifnmkTQRrBSRcP7
- Sat, Sep 18https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89733553241
PEACE & JUSTICE EVENTS CALENDAR
Click HERE to see the Current Cost of War
Regularly Updated Courtesy of Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit
Submit events for this calendar to email@example.com
This Calendar of events includes activities of a wide range of groups, including members of the Detroit Area Peace with Justice Network (DAPJN), a coalition of Metro-Detroit organizations formed to provide mutual support in our common dedication to peace and justice (see list below).
To submit an event for the calendar, send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
name of event, date/time, name of speakers (if any), URL or other contact information to join the meeting. We do not post general meeting notices, only those with an issue focus/speaker. Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit does not claim to endorse all positions of groups with events posted on this calendar.
MONDAYS: 5:15 p.m. VIGIL FOR PEACE: 9 Mile/Woodward
5 p.m. DEMONSTRATE FOR BLACK LIVES MATTER: 11 Mile/Woodward.
This event will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday on the first weekend of the month.
FRIDAYS: 3:45 p.m. WE STAND WITH OUR NEIGHBORS - IMMIGRATION VIGIL SW Detroit Clark Park, corner of Vernor and Clark. Saturday's (new)11 a.m.
Nov 17 7-8:30 p.m. NARAL MIDWEST LEADERSHIP SUMMIT. The anti-choice movement believes that the end of Roe v. Wade is on the horizon and is focused on escalating their attacks on reproductive freedom and reducing access to abortion. It's up to us to fight back with powerful actions that defend reproductive freedom for everybody. This is a summit for members of NARAL and their supporters. Register HERE for the Summit.
Nov 17 6 p.m. TAKING BACK OUR LIVES: ADDRESSING HEALTH DISPARITIES IN OUR COMMUNITIES. Join this virtual community conversation on addressing Health Disparities in the Black and Brown community. A panel will also discuss resources to address disparities. Sponsored by the Daily Kos. Click HERE to register.
Nov 17 7-8:30 p.m. NARAL MIDWEST ACTION COUNCIL LEADERSHIP SUMMIT. Anti-abortion state legislators across the country are escalating their attacks on reproductive freedom and abortion access. It's up to us to to fight back with powerful actions. You are invited to a NARAL Leadership Summit. Event is open to all NARAL members and supporters. Click HERE
to register for this event.
Nov 20 10 a.m. STUDENT LEADERS WORKING FOR JUSTICE! Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit, an intergenerational social justice organization, invites you to hear four student activist tell about their justice work. They're students on the University of Michigan, Wayne State University and Michigan State University campuses. Their issues include working for voting rights, community service and access to women's reproductive supplies. RSVP HERE for this panel of young activists. Click HERE to join the meeting at 10 a.m. For more information, call or text Randy Block at 248-224-5572 (cell).
Dec 1 8 a.m. ABORTION RIGHTS RALLY IN DC. Fems for Dem's invites you to rally on the steps of the Supreme Court in Washington D.C. to put the Supreme Court on notice that we will NOT stand by and let our rights be undermined. Fems will be carpooling from Metro Detroit, leaving on November 30th and returning December 2nd. Sign up HERE.
DAPJN COALITION MEMBERS
To JOIN the DAPJN, call Peace Action at (248) 548-3920.
PLEASE SEND GROUP UPDATES TO: email@example.com
1) Alliance to Halt Fermi 3: Web: www.athf3.org
2) Citizens for Peace: Colleen Mills, 734-425-0079, firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Democratic Socialists of America: Lon Herman, 248-546-8180, email@example.com
4) Detroit Catholic Worker- Day House: Tom Lumpkin, 313-963-4539, firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit: Randy Block, 248-549-5170
6) Huntington Woods Peace, Citizenship & Education Project: Phyllis Aronson, 248-548-7370, and
Melanie Goldberg, email@example.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntington-Woods-Peace-Citizenship-Education-Project/144083798944934
7) Michigan Alliance to Strengthen Social Security & Medicare: Bob Sisler, 313-824-0952, firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://detroit.activatehub.org/organizations/126
8) Michigan Coalition for Human Rights: Marge Sears, 313-579-9071, email@example.com
9) Michigan Grail: Mary Coyle, 313-821-1074, firstname.lastname@example.org
10) Meta Peace Team: Kim Redigan, 313-520-7465, email@example.com, or Detroit office 313-483-7527 Web: www.metapeaceteam.org/
11) Michigan Stop The Nuclear Bombs Campaign: Kim Bergier, 248-515-2380, 2MISTNBC@gmail.com
12) Palestine Cultural Office: 313-886-5922, firstname.lastname@example.org
13) Pax Christi Michigan: Pat Valeer, 517-481-5280, email@example.com
14) Peace Action of Michigan: Rich Peacock, 248-321-7480, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Helen Weber, 248-548-3920 Web: www.peaceactionmich.org
15) Pointes for Peace: Jan Scallen, 313-343-0957, email@example.com
16) Swords Into Plowshares Peace Center and Gallery: Clara Lawrence, Director, 248-963-7575
firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.swordsintoplowsharesdetroit.org/
17) Veterans for Peace: Steve Saelzler, 734-675-4138, email@example.com Web: www.vfp74.org
18) Women's International League for Peace & Freedom-Detroit: Laura Dewey, 313-882-1596, firstname.lastname@example.org web: http://wilpf.org/
Click HERE to see the Current Cost of War