- Sat, Jun 19https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84473601122
- Sat, Mar 20https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84388581761
PEACE & JUSTICE EVENTS CALENDAR
Click HERE to see the Current Cost of War
Regularly Updated Courtesy of Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit
Submit events for this calendar to email@example.com
This Calendar of events includes activities of a wide range of groups, including members of the Detroit Area Peace with Justice Network (DAPJN), a coalition of Metro-Detroit organizations formed to provide mutual support in our common dedication to peace and justice (see list below).
To submit an event for the calendar, send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
name of event, date/time, name of speakers (if any), URL or other contact information to join the meeting. We do not post general meeting notices, only those with an issue focus/speaker. Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit does not claim to endorse all positions of groups with events posted on this calendar.
MONDAYS: 5:15 p.m. VIGIL FOR PEACE: 9 Mile/Woodward
5 p.m. DEMONSTRATE FOR BLACK LIVES MATTER: 11 Mile/Woodward.
This event will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday on the first weekend of the month.
FRIDAYS: 3:45 p.m. WE STAND WITH OUR NEIGHBORS - IMMIGRATION VIGIL SW Detroit Clark Park, corner of Vernor and Clark. Saturday's (new)11 a.m.
June 6 Noon STAND UP TO ANTISEMITISM. This is a community wide solidarity rally to be held to fight antisemitism. Location:
west side of Orchard Lake Road and north of Northwestern Highway. Park in lot between Alexander's and Kohl's. Questions: email@example.com Event sponsored by the National Council of Jewish Women and other organizations.
June 7 6 p.m. REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE IN PRISONS DISCUSSION. Rep. Erika Geiss and Tiffany Ruff, Executive Director of Royal Alms. Click HERE to RSVP for this event sponsored by Michigan Voices.
June 10 7 p.m. THE INTERSECTION BETWEEN RACE AND AND NUCLEAR WEAPONS. Hear Professor Vincent Intondi, Director of the Center for Race, Justice and Civic Engagement, speak on this topic. This Eugene Perrin/l Fishman lecture is sponsored by Peace Action of Michigan. Link not yet available. Contact Terry Pritchett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or go to: peaceactionmich.org
June 19 Noon - 4 p.m. JUNETEENTH VOTER REGISTRATION DAY. Drive-up voter registration. Fun pack & coloring book giveaways. Tindal Activity Center, 10301 W. 7 Mile, Detroit. Contact: email@example.com. Co-sponsors: Healthy Kids, Inc; Wisdom Institute; Transforming Power Fund, Michigan Voices, Tindal Activity Center.
June 19 10 a.m. PANEL DISCUSSION: STRATEGIES FOR FIGHTING VOTER SUPPRESSION. Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit and several other organizations are co-sponsoring this zoom event that's open to the public. The panel includes leaders of three organizations working to fight voter suppression: Ben Gardner, Campaign Manager, All Voting Is Local; Judy Karandjeff, former state President, MI League of Women Voters; and Kim Murphy Kovalick, Volunteer and Project Manager, Voters Not Politicians. RSVP for this meeting by clicking HERE. To join the meeting, click HERE. For more information, go to the Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit website: http://www.graypanthersmetrodetroit.org or call Randy Block at 248-224-5572.
June 23 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.- RESILIENCE FOR THE FUTURE. Virtual panel discussion presented by Independent Bank Michigan and sponsored by Women Forward. Hear from community development experts about the role of gender, race and resilience on entrepreneurship and prosperity in the post COVID economy. Click HERE to register.
DAPJN COALITION MEMBERS
To JOIN the DAPJN, call Peace Action at (248) 548-3920.
PLEASE SEND GROUP UPDATES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Alliance to Halt Fermi 3: Web: www.athf3.org
2) Citizens for Peace: Colleen Mills, 734-425-0079, email@example.com
3) Democratic Socialists of America: Lon Herman, 248-546-8180, firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Detroit Catholic Worker- Day House: Tom Lumpkin, 313-963-4539, email@example.com
5) Gray Panthers of Metro Detroit: Randy Block, 248-549-5170
6) Huntington Woods Peace, Citizenship & Education Project: Phyllis Aronson, 248-548-7370, and
Melanie Goldberg, firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntington-Woods-Peace-Citizenship-Education-Project/144083798944934
7) Michigan Alliance to Strengthen Social Security & Medicare: Bob Sisler, 313-824-0952, email@example.com Web: http://detroit.activatehub.org/organizations/126
8) Michigan Coalition for Human Rights: Marge Sears, 313-579-9071, firstname.lastname@example.org
9) Michigan Grail: Mary Coyle, 313-821-1074, email@example.com
10) Meta Peace Team: Kim Redigan, 313-520-7465, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Detroit office 313-483-7527 Web: www.metapeaceteam.org/
11) Michigan Stop The Nuclear Bombs Campaign: Kim Bergier, 248-515-2380, 2MISTNBC@gmail.com
12) Palestine Cultural Office: 313-886-5922, email@example.com
13) Pax Christi Michigan: Pat Valeer, 517-481-5280, firstname.lastname@example.org
14) Peace Action of Michigan: Rich Peacock, 248-321-7480, email@example.com, or Helen Weber, 248-548-3920 Web: www.peaceactionmich.org
15) Pointes for Peace: Jan Scallen, 313-343-0957, firstname.lastname@example.org
16) Swords Into Plowshares Peace Center and Gallery: Clara Lawrence, Director, 248-963-7575
email@example.com Web: www.swordsintoplowsharesdetroit.org/
17) Veterans for Peace: Steve Saelzler, 734-675-4138, firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.vfp74.org
18) Women's International League for Peace & Freedom-Detroit: Laura Dewey, 313-882-1596, email@example.com web: http://wilpf.org/
Click HERE to see the Current Cost of War